(Read this already? Click here to skip to form.)
Company Overview for Newcomers:
Valkyrie Apparel is a Springfield, MA based internet store dedicated to plus size clothing for people who are not fans of mainstream fashion (punks, goths, geeks & gamers to name a few) We promote body positivity and are LGBT friendly. We are trying to dramatically increase the number of items one the website and could use some help.
We are looking for someone who would like to learn the ins and outs of running a mail order business in exchange for helping us update the site.
This is great opportunity for…
– artists or crafters who would like to sell their own work online but aren’t sure where to start.
– website designers who want to learn more about retail site requirements
– anyone interested in learning how online, mail order businesses function
Compensation: To start we are offering to trade training or marketing consultation for work. (1 hour of work for one hour of training.) Interns will also receive the company discount, occasional free food or drink and for those locals who are interested: dog snuggles. And of course, internships DO mean you get the employee discount.
Location: Primarily a virtual position but can also be in house occasionally (for the dog snuggles)
Hours: Minimum 4-5 hours a week, schedule is flexible
Responsibilities will be determined by your interests an skill set. Here are some examples:
– Create product pages on the website
– Edit product photos
– Add new products to inventory database
– Create Google Merchant feed ads
– Write blog posts
– Edit long rambley posts by the owner of the company
In exchange we will teach things like this:
– Internet marketing through search engine optimization (aka keywords and tags)
– How to create social media ads
– How to advertise in Google shopping
-Sense of humor
-Computer literacy level: Medium (Knows how to email an image without embedding it in a Word document first.)
-Internet literacy level: Medium to High (Knows what Snopes is even if you forget to check it once and awhile.)
– Must be willing to ask for help
– Must be comfortable questioning existing procedures if they don’t make sense. (Because we know what we’re doing but maybe we can do it better.)
– Must have access to a computer with internet access
– Experience with Google Hangouts & Google Drive (or something similar)
– Be on at least ONE of the following social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest
Preference will be given to applicants with working knowledge of any of the following: Basic HTML, basic CSS, WordPress, PHP, Spreadsheets, Adobe Photoshop, Woocommerce or the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow (African OR European – we ship internationally.)
You’re still here? Go apply! Go!
Send your resume and a cover letter through the form below. Tell us why you think you’re a good fit.